is a film project to honor single mothers and women filmmakers. We are looking for short films with stories that empower women and explore women's issues. Films selected will be shown at the Regal Arbor Cinema in Austin, Texas on March 24th, 2008 as a benefit for the National Partnership for Women and Families.
Entry deadline is February 29th, 2008
1. While the film need not be about the struggles of a single mother, films which have a single mother as one of the characters will be regarded favorably.
2. Since this project is to recognize women filmmakers, at the very least, the writer or director must be female.
3. The film may be of any genre.
4. The film cannot contain any scenes which might be construed as pornographic.
5. The film must be 3-20 minutes in length (not including end credits).
6. Films must be submitted on DVD.
7. If your film is available for viewing online (on your web site or YouTube, for example), you may submit the film's web address. If your film is chosen, you will need to provide a DVD of the film for the screening.
8. There is no submission fee.
9. You may enter as many films as you want, but you must fill out an entry form for each film.
10. This is not a film competition. The filmmakers will receive no prizes. They will, however, receive recognition and the opportunity to inspire and impact single mothers and other women filmmakers. Also, the proceeds of all ticket sales will go to the National Partnership for Women and Families (www.nationalpartnership.org).
11. If your film is selected, you will be notified by March 15th, 2008.
Please visit www.showmesomethingreal.com for more information and to
download a submission form.
If you have any questions, please contact Andre Monserrat at